By now we all know that Trump has zero concern for our planet. In case you haven't been keeping up, here's a refresher.
Trump (playing @realDonaldTrump) has tweeted:
He's said that global warming is "a total con job", "truly STUPID", "mythical", "fictional", "based on faulty science and manipulated data", "proven to be a canard repeatedly over and over again" and "created by and for the Chinese".
Whatever hope we had that these tweets were just hot air dissipated when Trump appointed Scott Pruitt, a fossil fuel mouthpiece and climate change denier, as head of the EPA. The fossil fuel industry and the senators they backed are cheering. That’s because climate change deniers in Congress are heavily funded by industries that benefit from denying climate change.
Pruitt’s tweets reveal that he and Trump are birds of a (climate-change-denying) feather:
The real stink, of course, is coming from Pruitt, in the form of the noxious lies about the environment. As the Sierra Club said, “Having Scott Pruitt in charge of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is like putting an arsonist in charge of fighting fires.”
You ready to fight fire with fire?
1. Call our senators. Use this resource we created which reveals which senators deny climate change versus those who believe in science.
2. Call out the climate change denying senators on Twitter. Use this tool created by the Obama Administration.
3. Ask the companies that are funding our climate-change denying senators to: 1) make a public statement against Mr. Pruitt; 2) stop funding Senators who deny climate change. Use this chart we created that shows which senators deny climate change and who their major corporate funders are. Then call these companies out on social media.
4. Sign this letter by the National Resources Defense Council (NRDC).
5. Support the Sierra Club by creating a “celebration” campaign and asking for donations in your name in lieu of holiday or other gifts.